Well, I really wouldn’t say that it is funny. But everyone I tell seems to think so. So as you have probably already read, we found out that we were having a boy pretty early, 14 weeks. At this Dr. Appointment she was so so so sure. So we went shopping, always with the thought in my mind… Maybe we should wait till she confirms it a second time. But that didn’t stop me, we have a crib, changing table, a rocker, baby clothes with tags (thanks to the 70% off sales at Smiths Marketplace, Costco & TJ Maxx) Oh, yeah and we have a name too.
Well two weeks ago (18 weeks), I went into the doctor to have my normal monthly ultrasound. Well Baby Nicholls, was head down and soooo sleepy and would not change his position. She tried and tried but could never see if he was a boy or a girl. She kept asking me, so was I really sure last time. I was like “YES, you were positive!” Ends up because of the babies position she couldn’t see whether it was a boy or girl. I was frustrated. She told us to come back in 2 weeks and to drink something with sugar in it before we came in and we would try again. She felt bad for me…
2 weeks later… Today we went back to the doctor, sugary drink in my system. And my little stinker had his legs crossed, up to “his” chest with the cord though the legs! Seriously, things like this only happen to me. She tried and tried and could never see the baby’s gender. I know I should just be thankful that the baby is healthy and growing right on schedule. But I can’t help but be frustrated because I am half way through this pregnancy and I should know what I am having.
I would be happy with either, boy or girl! If it’s a girl, I just hope she likes her cute sports bedding in the nursery!
8 comments:
I'm sure you will be happy that you went with boy stuff. It's harder to make that "mistake" with a boy. At least from what I hear. Congrats on already having a name too. We are months away from that milestone ;)
So fun! I kind of know how you feel because they told me that Audrey was a boy and then a month later they said she was a girl so I made my doctor re check on every appointment to make sure I didn't have to re paint the room again! Good luck next time!
Oh man, I thought you were going to say it was a girl! That one kept me hanging..
I swear they know what's going on in there and they do it on purpose! When we did our 4D ultrasound pics both of mine covered their faces the ENTIRE time!! Babies ARE stinkers...just wait until he/she comes out...
That is hilarious! I can only imagine how frustrated you are...but hey, if it is a girl then you will just have a little tom-boy on your hands :)
We are so happy for you two. I hope you are having a little boy! Little boys are the best! Well, that's all that we know but we sure love our boys! It sounds like you are doing great if only that little baby would cooperate! :)
Rindee
this made me laugh out loud. babies have their personalities from conception, i tell you what!!! :)
lol that sounds like what happened to us. Our Dr. was Sure it was a boy at 15 weeks. And we could see until I was 22 weeks along she yeah it ended up being a Girl lol. but she kept her legs crossed as well lol.
Post a Comment