Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Baby Girl!

I went in for my Targeted Ultrasound yesterday. It was a 4-D Ultrasound that they do once during a pregnancy and a tech does it rather than my normal Doctor. When we walked in I told her that my little stinker (the baby, not Jord) wouldn’t let us verify the gender for the last two ultrasounds. But at 14 weeks we were told it was for sure a boy. The Tech was a very sarcastic lady and she kept telling me that if I didn’t know now the baby probably didn’t want me to know. I told her that was nice, but I REALLY wanted to know. She was measuring for 5-10 min before I was like, “Are you going to tell me?” Then finally she went between the legs and said what do you see?... ummm…I don’t know nothing?! She said Yep, that’s right you are having a GIRL! I couldn’t believe it. I had to ask her a few times, “Are you serious?” She said she is 100% positive it is a girl.

I can’t believe it! I am very excited for a girl; I have just been planning for the past 2 months that we were going to have a little Jord running around. Crazy!! I think only things like this happen to me, it has to be as dramatic as possible! So back to square one on names, clothes, the nursery! Good thing I don’t have to start over on the countdown!

P.S. Happy Birthday to Barb! Happy Golden Birthday!

11 comments:

Laci said...

oh my goodness, thats crazy!! how fun! it seems like that almost never happens where it goes from boy to girl... its usually the other way around! Either way, Im so happy for you guys! little girls are SO fun!

Barbara Olsen said...

We are super excited for baby girl Nicholls. The drama will only get worse!! haha. Congrats again,
we love ya.

Shaylee said...

I'm still laughing...

Shayleen Lunt said...

Congrats. Hope you don't have too much stuff to return.

Evans Family said...

That is so fun! At least you know for sure, Right? I am excited for you! Diana

{amy k.} said...

Can't wait to hear some name options! How fun that baby girl Nicholls and Brooke can be bffs! :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Oh wow. At least she gave you a "100% sure" statement. Congrats again, Kelli! Super exciting!!

dkwalkerfam said...

Wow! That is crazy! I am way excited for you!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congratz that is so exciting!! That is the same thing that happened to us!! LOL How exciting though!

Little Extras Shop said...

Congrats! Girls are so much fun! You'll have to check out all the fun little girl things I make to get her all dolled up...hair bows, bracelets, darling onesies! If you are like me you'll have more fun shopping for her and getting her all ready then you do you. I'm so excited for you guys!

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

Congrats! Baby girls are so sweet. Hey, will you tell Barb that I would love to be invited to her blog? I haven't talked to her forever. Tell her hi for me.