Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gatorade

So I have to tell you, this pregnancy hasn’t been the most eventful. (Other than recently when I have started to feel the baby move) But from 8 weeks until…umm last week 18 weeks I have been a barfing my guts out. Jordan will take me to dinner and either in the car or in the bathroom before we leave it ends up in my lap or in the toilet. He teases me that I need to pay him back for all the food I have thrown up. I try to explain to Jordan how it feels to be so hungry, but absolutely everything sounds disgusting. But if I don’t eat it get even sicker. It’s a vicious cycle. I have always loved to try new recipes, but just looking at pictures of food make me ill, still. How sad is that!


But one thing that I can not get enough of right now is Gatorade! Seriously! I have always been a drinker; I love an ice cold beverage with everything. Diet Coke yes, But never Gatorade. After making Jord go to the gas station a million times for a Gatorade, we were at Costco and he comes walking to the cart with a big bulk pack of Gatorade. Yeah, that was about a week and a half ago… and we need to go get more! Jordan keeps telling me it must be a boy, and that his son needs as many Electrolytes as he can get! (He thinks we are breeding an athlete, his athletic ability and my family’s height)

Oh, we have decided on a name. (if when we go to our next ultrasound it is still a boy, that is!) Cannon Robert Nicholls after both of our dads.

8 comments:

Laci said...

oh my goodness kelli, i can TOTALLY relate!!! I would be STARVING but NOTHING sounded good... I didnt really throw up a lot though, but the handful of times that i did, it was after eating something that FINALLY sounded good, so i ate too much of it and barfed! LOL! :o) You poor thing.... feel better, and know that you should be done with that part soon and now the fun stuff begins!! (kicking, maternity clothes, EATING!) ;o)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Throwing up that much doesn't sound too uneventful!
I do hear you on the vicious cycle. Yup, it's definitely vicious.

The Ostlers said...

I love the little guy's name! (supposing it is still a boy) I am so sorry you have been sick :( I love that you guys are breeding a little athlete with all of that Gatorade... your dad will be proud :)

Shaylee said...

I sure hope the throwing up part of the deal ends soon for you! I'm still loving the name..very good choice!

{amy k.} said...

Hate the barf, LOVE the name! Hope you're feeling better and getting more gatorade! :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Sorry you've been so sick, Kel. No fun at all! Thank goodness for Gatorade, huh? I hope you start feeling tons better! I LOVE the name by the way...super cute!

Jake and Ashlee said...

Supper cute name!!!! It was good to hear that everything is going ok!

Robbie and Darcy said...

Name is so cute! I am so excited for you! I'm sorry you are feeling so sick! I haven't seen you for so long but since I am so noisy I keeps tabs on you guys! How is your mom and rest of your family?