Monday, September 15, 2008

Update!!

When Jordan and I moved into our new house we went to our ward for the first time and we were one of 8-9 new couples that week. Well that is the way it is every week! I guess that is what happens when you move into a new development. I was hoping that since there were so many people in the ward that it would take them 6-12 months to give me a calling. Wrong! It didn’t take them long to get be back into the primary. Jordan says he thinks our Bishop up at the U of U must have called them and told them that I wasn’t done, put her in Primary. I am the new 2nd Counselor! I really am excited, and the ladies that I am serving with are amazing! It’s also a totally different atmosphere, going from a primary of 14 at the most, to 100 kids in Junior and Senior Primary. I didn’t my first Sharing time on Sunday, I was ready for a nap after doing it twice!


We put in our backyard! It looks so great. We have worked so hard for the last couple of weeks to get it all put together. Jordan’s idea was sod and a tree. Mine was more like sod, a tree, some pavers, some more pavers and then some flowers. It took a little longer than expected, but we are really happy with the way it turned out. When we bought the townhome we were really surprised at how big the backyards were. (we were not expecting much!) Here is a picture of right before we moved in and then right after we put sod in. I will have to take an updated picture because it looks so much better that this! P.S. North Salt Lake Dirt/Clay Sucks!







This last Friday we have a much needed Girls Night Out! We made the trek down to Provo and did a craft night at Katie Nelson’s lovely home. She made us pizza and we made Fall Wreaths. Look how cute they turned out. I can’t wait for the next one!


6 comments:

jaci said...

Kelli...i will be praying for you mom. i love that lady. i know all will go well. i love the wreath and the cute backyard!

The Ostlers said...

oh no... I had no idea about your sweet mom! She is so amazing, everything will work out :)

The Dahls said...

I'm so sorry to hear that about your mom. She'll be in our prayers! Your yard looks great! We miss you guys, and Saylor keeps asking to see Gordon :). We should do something.

Tyson, Kaylee and Lucy said...

Oh Kell I will keep your mom in my prayers as well. I hope everything turns out alright. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Shaylee said...

1) Your backyard looks amazing! How happy to have that all done!
2) Your wreath looks fantastic on your big door..

Christy said...

Hey Kelli! Looks like you're doing well. I found your blog on Amys. It looks like you might live in NSL? I work out here on Redwood Road so we're nearby if you do!

Congrats on the new house! And even though it has been awhile now... congrats on the wedding too :)